Storage Packing Tips
- Stack plates on end and wrap dishes and cups individually.
- Criss-cross masking tape across the front of glass-covered mirrors and art.
- Wrap framed art in bubble wrap and use protective corners.
- Store mirrors, photos and artwork vertically
- Rather than standing books on their ends, stack them to avoid damaging the spines
- Clearly label boxes on more than one side and include an inventory of the box if able.
- When able, use boxes rather than plastic bags that are less sturdy and can trap moisture.
- Polish, treat or clean wood, leather and metal objects before storage to protect such items.
- If able, use the same size boxes to aid in stacking.
- When packing boxes, fill the boxes completely or fill unused space with packing material.
- Consider how easy/hard it will be to move the packed box: Put heavier items in smaller boxes and lighter items in larger boxes.
What are the most important factors to consider when choosing a storage solution?
The most important factor when choosing a storage solution is security. It’s important to select a storage company with a safe location that offers top-notch security. Superior Self Storage is in a family-oriented area, is fenced, gated, has 24/7 surveillance and an on-site resident manager. Other factors depend on what you are storing. To find out more about the best storage unit for your property, visit our Available Units page.
How do I know what size storage unit I need?
We provide rough guides on our Available Units page.
Are your units available 24/7?
Yes. Our customers have access to their belongings 24/7.
Do your security measures cover the entire property?
Yes. Our security cameras survey all of our units, providing 24/7 surveillance throughout the property. We also have an on-site resident manager.
Can I store large items like my boat, RV or ATV?
Yes, Superior Self Storage caters to boat, RV and ATV owners with units specially suited to your needs. Find out more on our Available Units page.
Can I store heat/cold sensitive documents and items?
Yes. Superior Self Storage offers climate-controlled units that are ideal for heat/cold sensitive documents and items. Find out more on our Available Units page.
Will I have difficulty maneuvering large items into or out of the storage unit?
No, you should not have any difficulty filling or emptying your storage unit. The facility has been designed to give you extra space to maneuver large vehicles such as RVs, campers, boats and moving trucks. We have optimized the layout to not only make wide turns, but to have enough room to back a large RV, fifth wheel or trailer into many of the storage units.
Is storage insurance required?
No, Superior Self Storage does not require customers to have storage insurance, although it is always recommended.
What if I choose the wrong size?
If you determine that you need a smaller or larger unit, we will gladly transfer you to a more suitable size.
How tall are the storage units?
Unit heights range from 8′ high to 15′ high depending on what size and building you are in. If you know you need a certain height, please contact us for more specifications.
Do you have moving products available?
Yes. Boxes, tape, locks, boat and RV cleaner and shelving is available for purchase.